Friday, June 2, 2017

Garden to table stir fry

Every few days I have just enough veggies from the garden to create a meal without adding much store bought stuff to it. This time it was used for making our own version of stir fry. 



I picked and prepped some fresh carrots, sugar pod peas, shallots (green onions), and a couple of leaves from my horseradish plant. I cut the center ribs out of the horseradish leaves because it's quite tough and woody. The leaves are very mild once cooked. I matchstick-cut the carrots after scrubbing them. I angle-cut the peas and green onions. And I ribbon-cut the horseradish leaves.


I put a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet, since I don't have a wok, and lightly sauteed the veggies.


I added some of my home canned pork along with the broth from it.



I also added a few tablespoons of home canned mango jam and a couple of my farm fresh eggs. I thickened the sauce part with just about a tablespoon of cornstarch.



I added a few splashes of soy sauce then cooked it all together till the eggs were done.



Served the stir fry over rice to round out the meal.

I hope you make this, too, or something similar. If you do, share what you did in comments. I'm always looking for cooking ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment