Wednesday, December 14, 2016

How to make large batch hot chocolate mix!

I’m getting ready to make some more of this delicious hot chocolate mix, but I thought I’d sit and share how I do it with you. It’s really easy and it tastes so good. I put small bags or containers of this mix in my Christmas gift baskets and it’s always well received. Also, more economical than buying all those tiny packets!

Feel free to use and share!

Hot Chocolate Mix
  • 8 cups nonfat dry milk
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup vanilla powder (optional)
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 cups cook-type clear jel (optional)

Mix all ingredients well in a large bowl. If you wish, you can run it through a blender to make a finer powder. Store in an airtight container. To use, put 3 heaping tablespoons of the mix into a mug and add boiling water. Toss in some *marshmallows or a piece of peppermint candy, or top it with whipped cream.

*If you mix mini marshmallows into the dry mix and store them in there, they will eventually dry out a bit and store very well in there, then get plumped back up when you add the boiling water!

Here’s a short slide show I made for YouTube showing what I did.



Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment