Saturday, December 31, 2016

How to make blueberry muffin bread

I start all my quick breads with a homemade mix, which I’ll share in another post. To make any bread with fruit, nuts, or even shredded veggies, you just add 2 cups total of add-ins. This time I used a pint of blueberries I’d canned last summer, including the liquid, and it turned out moist and tasty. These were given out as part of the goodies I gave at Christmas.




So, here’s what I did.

Blueberry Muffin Bread
  • 5 cups of muffin mix
  • 1 pint including liquid of canned blueberries. (You could use frozen and add additional liquid to the batter.)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup neutral flavored oil
  • 3 eggs

Mix the water, oil, and eggs together and add to the muffin mix. Fold in blueberries. Mix well but don’t beat. You don’t want to tear up the berries or make the batter tough.

Divide batter into 3 one-pound loaf pans that have been well greased. Bake at 350f in a conventional oven about 55 minutes, although I used my pressure cooker as an oven as I have for other recipes. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in the pan, then turn out on rack or counter to finish cooling. Also makes about 24 muffins.






Delicious served warm with butter.


Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment