Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Quick cabin update - free stuff & floor

I'm still behind on my blogging, but I do have plenty to write about!

We haven't been able to do a lot to the cabin in the past week or so except move some plants. However, I thought I'd let you see our floor progress at the point this video was made.

Since we had gotten some items for FREE over at my daughter's and son-in-law's house, I thought I'd share that with you. We were able to acquire several very useful items for the new homestead, such as metal walk-through gates, 4X4 posts, old camper windows, and a sink. We've already put one of the gates to good use for a small goat paddock entrance. One of the 4X4 posts made a good gate post as well, and I made a video of how we set that post without concrete.

So, this is just a quick overview of what we got as we unloaded it. I figure the windows can be used to either help in a greenhouse construction project or to build a front porch/outdoor kitchen for canning and general cooking purposes, which would keep the heat out of the cabin.


No comments:

Post a Comment