Monday, April 11, 2016

About to get real busy here!

I haven't so much as taken pictures or videos of anything for several days, but I have been continuing with plans and some purchases for the new homestead.

We are still waiting for the cabin to be delivered, which should be any day now. Once that happens, there will be a LOT of work to do making it into a proper, livable cabin. It almost seems like we need to do 100 things at once!


  • Insulation
  • Plumbing
  • Off grid wiring
  • Floor plans
  • Floor covering
  • Water catchment
  • Fencing
  • Chicken coop
  • Goat barn
  • Pig barn
There's still more purging to be done in this house, and more things to reconsider when it comes to moving them to the cabin. For instance, I have a sofa, sofa table, and two wing back chairs. I've decided to not take them at all. I'll take the cushions from the sofa, clean them up, use them as seating/sleeping for a built in bed for me. Sort of like one you'd see in a RV. It will have storage under it. 

I do have a rough plan drawn up in Paint that I'll share. Tell me what you think about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment