Friday, April 29, 2016

Spring storm

Well, the storm that was originally predicted to arrive this afternoon got in a hurry and came about 7:30 a.m. It's dark enough for the security light next to the house to be on! It's thundering, lightning, and raining hard.

As I type this, it's about 8:15 a.m. and I haven't been out to milk the mama goat yet. Because we took down so much fencing, I can't just run her out into the other area we have, where we had the milk stanchion previously under a small shelter, to go milk somewhat protected from the elements. I'm hoping this blows over in the time frame they are now saying it will. I know that goat is ready but I'm really not wanting to be struck by lightning! And the stanchion is now in the center of the nursery/isolation pen!

We will definitely be building a better milking shelter when we get to the new homestead. Some of the long pallets we have will work for that and I may have a source for others that are about 3 ft. by 12 feet to build animal shelters with.

It looks like it's supposed to rain pretty much all weekend. I can put on rain gear to go milk, but I don't have lightning gear if it storms!

Posting this before the power goes out since the lights just flickered!

No comments:

Post a Comment