Sunday, April 3, 2016

Off Grid Pizza: The good, the bad, and the ugly

So, I tried my hand at making pizza and pizza dough from scratch yesterday and baking it in my cast iron dutch oven. It came out pretty good but I need to tweak it a bit. For one thing, I baked the dough in my dutch oven but I think I had the heat too high. Also, when I flipped it, before I put on the toppings, I probably could have just turned the fire off and put on the lid and gotten better results. As it was, it did burn in the center of the pizza crust.

However, even with the overly well done crust, the pizza turned out delicious. The crust was tender but chewy. The toppings, which were just some things I had on hand, actually wound up tasting very good.

The verdict? I'll be doing this again, but with improvements.

Here's a picture of the finished product.



Here is video number one of three I made during the process.



And, here are the links for part 2 and part 3! :)

Off Grid Pizza part 2

Off Grid Pizza part 3

The recipe is included in the description boxes of each video. Let me know if you try it and what you'd do differently!

No comments:

Post a Comment